Special Projects Campaign
Preparing Today For Our Future Tomorrow
From its beginnings as a country mission church, Our Lady of Sorrows has served as the center of Catholic worship and devotion in Owensville, MD, since 1866. Today, along with our rich heritage, comes aging facilities that are in need of repair.
In 2017, the parish contracted with EMG to conduct a facility condition assessment of all our buildings, property, systems and equipment. As a result, EMG provided the parish with a report of recommendations for capital improvements. Several elements were earmarked as immediate priorities.
So, after much prayer, study, and consultation, and with an eye to the needs of the future, we are embarking on the Preparing Today for our Future Tomorrow campaign. The campaign will seek to raise $220,000 to address some of our most pressing facility needs.
Our parish was built through the generosity and stewardship of past and present parishioners. We are called to continue their work.
Please pray and reflect on how you can participate. Through your generosity, we will successfully complete this capital campaign, which will position our facilities to serve our current and future parishioners for many years to come.
Saturday: 5:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am and 10:30 am
Noon at Our Lady of Sorrows
7:00 pm at Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Daily Mass and Rosary
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 am
Tuesday: Adoration follows until 2:00 pm
Wednesday: Communion Service at 9:00 am
Please take a moment to read the letter from Archbishop Lori formally establishing the “Pastorate” of Our Lady of Perpetual Help and Our Lady of Sorrows.
I have been appointed the Pastor of the Pastorate by the Archbishop. In his letter of appointment to me, the
Archbishop stresses that “these times demand that we not leave to chance the work of the Gospel, but that we engage in a structured and intentional effort aimed at discerning each pastorate’s unique role in carrying out God’s work here and now.”
As we begin this work in the Fall of the year, we continue our journey of faith and discipleship. May the Holy Spirit
guide us and enlighten us in all things.
May God Bless Us All! Father Tim
Readings for the Week of October 21, 2018
- Sunday: Is 53:10-11 / Ps 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22  / Heb 4:14-16 / Mk 10:35-45 or 10:42-45
- Monday: Eph 2:1-10 / Ps 100:1b-2, 3, 4ab, 4c-5 [3b] / Lk 12:13-21
- Tuesday: Eph 2:12-22 / Ps 85:9ab-10, 11-12, 13-14 [cf. 9] / Lk 12:35-38
- Wednesday: Eph 3:2-12 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 [cf. 3] / Lk 12:39-48
- Thursday: Eph 3:14-21 / Ps 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19 [5b] / Lk 12:49-53
- Friday: Eph 4:1-6 / Ps 24:1-2, 3-4ab, 5-6 [cf. 6] / Lk 12:54-59
- Saturday: Eph 4:7-16 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4ab, 4cd-5  / Lk 13:1-9
- Next Sunday: Jer 31:7-9 / Ps 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6  / Heb 5:1-6 / Mk 10:46-52